1.7 Response Forum

Learning Target (Curricular Competencies):

• Think critically, creatively, and reflectively to explore ideas within, between, and beyond texts
  • Apply appropriate strategies to comprehend written, oral, visual, and multimodal texts
  • Respectfully exchange ideas and viewpoints from diverse perspectives to build shared understanding and extend thinking

Task:

In this first response forum, provide a link to a TED talk that interests you.  Watch it and then explain (expository style) why you chose that topic.  Was the speech what you expected?  What rhetorical strategies did you notice the speaker using?  Did the speaker use any figurative devices?  What was the message?  What gave the speech power?  Who was the audience?

There are TWO activities in a FORUM:

1. Start a new discussion topic by clicking on Add a New Discussion Topic.
    2. Reply/Respond to someone else's discussion topic by clicking on their topic and selecting Reply.  Your response should provide an analysis of the discussion in the post and some original ideas. Try using the following prompts to guide your response to another post.  "I wonder…"  "I know…"  "I can…"  Don't just agree or disagree.

Assessment:  Below you will find the exemplary criteria used to assess the assignment.  

Learning Target: (Exemplary 6/6): Exemplary comprehension of the task and clear accomplishment of the objective.  Ideas generated are thoughtful and unique.   Content contributes to the central idea and applies appropriate strategies to comprehend oral text. Student demonstrates exemplary ability to think critically, creatively, and reflectively to explore ideas with, between, and beyond texts.  

Response/Reply:  Exemplary (6/6):  The response/reply is thoughtful, insightful and respectfully exchanges ideas and viewpoints.  Student demonstrates an exceptional level of understanding and communication of shared information. 

(There are no discussion topics yet in this forum)