2.7 Feedback Forum

Learning Target (Curricular Competencies):

• Use writing and design processes to plan, develop, and create engaging and meaningful texts for a variety of purposes and audiences
  • Assess and refine texts to improve clarity and impact
  • Read for enjoyment and to achieve personal goals
  • Respectfully exchange ideas and viewpoints from diverse perspectives to build shared understanding and extend thinking

Task:

Submit a sample of your writing to the forum.  You could use this opportunity to share your short story and get feedback not only from your teacher, but from your peers. 

If you're not ready to submit your short story, you could select a piece of writing you would like to share.

There are TWO activities in a FORUM:

1. Start a new discussion topic by clicking on Add a New Discussion Topic.
    2. Reply/Respond to someone else's discussion topic by clicking on their topic and selecting Reply.  Suggest editing ideas, offer constructive advice for clarity, and identify an aspect you enjoyed.  Try using the following prompts to guide your response to another post.  "I wonder…"  "I know…"  "I can…"  Don't just agree or disagree.

Assessment:  Below you will find the exemplary criteria used to assess the assignment.  

Learning Target: (Exemplary 6/6): Exemplary comprehension of the task and clear accomplishment of the objective.  Student demonstrates exemplary ability to use writing and design processes to plan, develop, and create engaging and meaningful texts for a variety of purposes and audiences.  Accomplishes the purpose with originality, individuality, and maturity and sophistication.

Response/Reply:  Exemplary (6/6):  The response/reply is thoughtful, insightful and respectfully exchanges ideas and viewpoints.  Student demonstrates an exceptional level of understanding and communication of shared information.

(There are no discussion topics yet in this forum)